OP COMMUNITY provides support to the Armed Forces community/ family members and carers of those serving or have served in The Armed Forces. We are a collaborative of providers lead by OP COURAGE London and including The Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS) and the Ripple Pond. We aim to provide advice and support under the Armed Forces Covenant and the Armed Forces Act 2021, understanding military life and culture and the challenges families experience. DMWS provide a single point of contact for the service with a dedicated email address and contact number.
How can we help?
- Work and liaise with other organisations on your behalf facilitating safe and expedient transfers of and continuity of care
- Continuation of treatment including maintaining your place on a NHS waiting list
- Advice, guidance and support on how to use the NHS and navigate systems
- Advise on Veteran Friendly GP Practices within the local area
- Coordinated support through Social Prescribing
- Information and advice on other NHS Armed Forces services e.g. Op Restore, Op Courage and Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Working alongside the wider armed forces network to find solutions, this may include supported referrals to specialist charities and organisations for example support with debt, housing, employment, benefits etc
If we are unable to help directly, we will try and signpost you to the appropriate service.
This service is available from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday. All contacts will be responded to within 48 working hours.
You can contact us either by phone on 07585 124427 or 0800 999 3697, by emailing on email@example.com