Mental Health First Aid Armed Forces (MHFA AF) is an internationally recognised, evidence-based course that has been specially designed for members of the Armed Forces Community. The course lasts two days.
The MHFA Armed Forces course is split up into 4 manageable chunks. These are:
- Mental health & the Armed Forces Community
- Suicide & Depression
- Self-Harm, Eating Disorders and Psychosis
- Anxiety disorders & PTSD
In each section, participants will learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support participants throughout the whole course.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects on the course, numbers are limited to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some parts particularly difficult.
Each participant will receive an MHFA Armed Forces manual, workbook and action card full of useful resources, to take away at the end of the course, and a certificate issued by MHFA England.
DMWS can deliver this course on a group booking basis at clients’ own premises. Please contact us regarding your specific training requirements at email@example.com
Date of Course
Further Information & To Book
|11th Nov 2020 - 12th Nov 2020||Andover||£269||
SOLD OUTClick for future availability
|2nd Dec 2020 - 3rd Dec 2020||Andover||£269||BOOK NOW|