The benefits of using DMWS
I firmly believe that had we not had the specialist support from the DMWS team,
we would not have been able to achieve the positive placement and outcome for the patient.
Charlotte Walker, Operations Manager – Hospital Social Work Team, Fairfield General Hospital
Apart from the obvious benefits to patients and their families, working with DMWS provides wider advantages to linked organisations and health care providers involved in the individual’s clinical care pathway.
In terms of organisational benefits, our service notably contributes to a reduction in sickness absence, improves the co-ordination and delivery of individual care and considerably enhances the organisations psychological contract with employees and duty of care obligations.
Some of the benefits include:
- Saving money by reducing hospital length-of-stay through fostering positive engagement and sourcing external support
- Helping to tackle Delayed Transfer of Care issues by providing additional options for transitional care and hereby reducing ‘bed-blocking’
- Reducing ‘Did Not Attends’ (DNAs) rates by accompanying patients to appointments
- Freeing up clinical staff to concentrate on their core duties by dealing with non-medical issues
- Assisting in the creation of a more coherent and coordinated discharge plan
- Working closely with other organisations to improve homecare provision and reduce re-admission risk
- Helping to reduce the risk of complaints or litigation by acting as a professional intermediary
- Delivering a positive patient experience leading to improved feedback for health care partners
- Help employers to demonstrate that they take their Duty of Care obligations seriously and contribute to achieving a swifter return to work
- DMWS also delivers welfare-related training such as Mental Health First Aid, Resilience etc. to external organisations
Download our service brochure to find out more:
|DMWS Service Brochure|
Do you know someone who would benefit from our help?
If you know someone who might benefit from our service, please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out how we can help.
General Enquiry Contact:
Telephone: 01264 774 000
Telephone: 0800 999 3697